Friday, September 1, 2017

JEANNIE KIRCHEN


JEANNIE KIRCHEN

QUIET MOMENTS

In the tender quiet moments
When it's just you and me
My Bible open
Your Word sinks deep
My spirit being still I listen
For your voice
My soul attune
To your gentle prompting
My heart longing
For more and more and moreof you
I hunger I thirst
For all of you
I need youLike flowers
need the rain
I need you like the earth needs
the warmth of the sun
I hear your voice
calling my name
My heart beats with eager expectation
I yearn to do your willI will follow where you lead
Through forest green
Or mountain lake
With a heart of worship
I will praise youFor you are worthy
Worthy to receive all glory all honor and all praise
My spirit rejoices in you
Keep my eyes opento always see
just how great you are
For you are Love
You are Truth
You are the Light
that shines in the darkness
You are the Way
Lead me where your feet have trod
Take my hand and show meal
l the wonders of you
Guide me onward to heavens heights
The narrow path we all must take
and one day like an eagle I will soar
with you
Basking in your holy presence Is where I want to be
In the tender quiet moments when it's just you and me

-Jeannie Kirchen-







THE ARMOR OF GOD

With the Armor of God as my protection
I will follow God's direction
The Helmet of Salvation I place on my head
With God in the lead I have nothing to dread
With the Belt of Truth around my waist
I boldly prepare for battle without haste
The Breastplate of righteousness covering my chest
In this war, I will do God's best
The Sandals of Peace on my feet now shod
I march in this day with the armies of God
The Sword of the Spirit, I place in my hand
Taking The Word of God to all the land
Sharper than any doubled-edged sword
Is the Mighty Word of the Lord
Lastly I hold up the Shield of Faith
Protected am I from the enemies wraith's
God's Armor, I put on everyday
Prepared for anything that comes my way
The enemy would love to do me harm
Yet by this battle I'm not alarmed
For now I'm fully prepared to heed God's direction
With His Armor on as my protection

-Jeannie Kirchen-

Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people







HE WATCHED

He watched her sleeping in that bed
Pillows piled up under her head
He took her hand, raised it to his lips
Gently he placed on her fingers a kiss
She'd laid there for months not speaking a word
Through tears now, his vision blurred
How he prayed she'd come out of this sleep
Yet in this coma, she remained deep
Ever so tenderly he touched her brow
Sweeping hair from her eyes that had fallen somehow
Gazing into her beautiful face
That even these months, time hadn't erased
Those gorgeous brown eyes he remembered well
That stirred his heart, his spirit quelled
And her golden hair that shone like the sun
Without her, his life was coming undone
"Please wake up Darling, I need you with me.
This is not the way it's supposed to be
The car accident, it wasn't your fault
The other car too quickly came to a halt
And now, now you're here in this dream state
Oh my dear how I wish you would wake
Do you hear me when I say your name
Do you know all the times I have came
Day and night sitting here by your side
Do you see all the tears that I've cried
Oh God, please wake her up for me
I can't go on without her, you see
I'm a wretch of a man without my bride
I love this woman, my wife, my joy and pride
Slowly he rose and kissed her cheek
He could see the frailness of her body, weak
It was already shutting down, this he knew
There was nothing more the doctors could do
His hope was lessening everyday
Even as he sat in that chair and prayed
Finally with courage he whispered in her ear
If God is calling you then go my dear
I'll miss you, but I'll be all right
You've fought hard in this battle for life
But I mustn't hold you here if you want to go
But always remember, I love you so
For a brief moment she opened her eyes
A smile on her lips as if saying goodbye
A small sigh escapes with her last breath
His love for her was stronger than death
I'll see you again my darling, my love
When I'm called home to heaven above
Taking her in his arms he let out a wail
An ear piercing sob, tears falling like hail
God give me strength to go on without her
To make it alone I'm just not sure
I'm angry at the car, at her and at you
You could have saved her, you could have too
But you didn't and now here I am
In a sea of tears, a bursting dam
Her shoulder wet with his tears of pain
Laying her down and screaming her name
The doctors and nurses are in the room
And he knows he will have to leave her soon
With one last kiss placed upon her lips
The love of his life, his treasured gift
Peacefully walks through heavens door
Her body whole in a coma no more

This poem based on a true story

JEANNIE KIRCHEN

JEANNIE KIRCHEN has loved poetry since the age of ten when she had to recite a poem in front of her fifth grade class!  It was then to that the gift of writing began! At the age of 14, Jeannie wrote her first spiritual poem for an English poetry assignment, but it wasn't until age 19 that she began to pursue writing as a career with dreams of being a published author!  Many writing classes later continuing her pursuit, her dream came true! Jeannie is a widow with three grown children, four grandchildren, seven grand cats, and three grand dogs! Jeannie is active in her church and in Women's Bible Study!  She loves to read, to write, knit, swim, and hike.  She also loves mountain climbing when her body allows it. eannie is the author of a children's book, "Why Barry Bear Skipped His Bath," and has been published in a few anthologies!  Jeannie lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her beautiful German Shepherd Dog Maddie, her cat Mindy and her parakeet Phoebe!




No comments :

Post a Comment